Thursday, November 30, 2017

משמעותה של התרבות



It is a unique turn for ICT and Kulture. In terms of  determination and determinism . We affirm our interest in cultural development.We utter our passion for what binds us all together. I am sure you might have been  fascinated by the characters you saw in the title  above. You are right, It is not common. It is Hebrew. Hebrew is the language spoken in Israel. It was the language spoken by lots of biblical figures, Now you see you know something about Hebrew. In the Bible especially the Old Testament, even in the Talmud, you have detailed accounts of the Jewish culture which can be thought of to be with few exceptions to be the Culture of Israel.  About Israel, there is a lot to say, most about its people the Jew. Personally, I have been influenced and still are by many Jews in a variety of fields.
Culture-Mix photo Didier De Masso
 
   משמעותה של התרבות literally the meaning of culture is a true reflection as I ponder and pondered on my recent experience at Street Corner in Nkoleton, Yaoundé during a Cultural show called “ItinerArt”.  I have a fascination for Culture as it always exposes me to something new. You might think of all sorts of things when not connected or to the least bathed by the culture of another. So when I learnt The Israeli Embassy, was organizing a cultural show I said let me see what this will look like.
Street Corner-Yaounde  Photo Didier De Masso
Culturally speaking Israel and Cameroon might seem a light year different but I was very surprised to see how an artist  during the show sang a song in Hebrew. OOooohh how did she even learn how to pronounce the words?? From one Israeli who was sited by me, she was doing it so well for articulation in Hebrew is really difficult. Ok until then it is not so much a similarity. I realized the dynamism and blend of artistic performances. The dynamism was really loud, I experienced most in the strength of the Israeli present and in the presentation of some Israeli. For about 2hours, I experienced arts in a cool place and in a very mind blowing way. The décor was quite striking, not just due to newness but as well by the Dynamism it conveyed. It was vibrant, strong and Colorful. 

His excellency Ambassador of Israel , very relaxed during opening of cultural show  Photo Didier De Masso
 Them My encounter with Esther‘s performance on slave trade and you know what is happening now in Libya just gave me the Goosebumps. Not only was she powerful but she was brave to say her freedom so loud and clear. She had a way to move and play with her body which is very unique.  The way she moved on the performance scene mimicking ancestral body languages. I also meet with visual artist Ngassam Yvon whose photographs at the Bandjoun station plunged me into Cameroon’s multicultural strength. 
Esther Bungansa performance of slave trade, see the chains. Photo Didier De Masso
  

Visual artist Ngassam not on photo  presenting  the symbolic of building and owing a house in bandjoun in the region of Cameroon  
 Culture for ICT and Kulture is not just a matter of identity but a manner of being-to-the-world. A manner of opening to the world. We know the processes of our human cultural evolution and we cannot be insensitive to the impact it has on us. Indeed, during this brief moment at Street corner, I imagined the openings of the cultural wedding between Israel and Cameroon and the myriad of offspring that will come to be soon, very soon. Is it not  lovely?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please type in your comment here...